The Marinwood 8-year-old who recently became a Bay Area media darling after she was shot in the leg by an arrow is expecting a package from pop singer Taylor Swift, whose songs she sang while she was being rushed to the Children’s Hospital in Oakland on March 26.
Nadine Hairston, who has become #BraveNadine on Twitter, has had an outpouring of support since an arrow struck her left thigh while she was on field trip in Berkeley. As more people heard about how she sang Taylor Swift songs on her way to the hospital to keep calm, a Twitter campaign was launched to get Swift’s attention.
Nadine’s mother, Alicia Hairston, told the Oakland Tribune that a representative for Swift called the hospital while they were there last week and said a package was coming to Nadine.
The San Francisco Chronicle account @SFGate was among the tweeters asking Swift to “give a shout-out to” Hairston.
A few other Twitter users, including @manuelrapada, tweeted to Swift and encouraged her to write a song about Nadine’s experience.
Playing with the words of Swift’s hit song “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” Novato resident @NinaVigarino tweeted “#bravenadine and the arrow are never ever ever ever getting back together. Ever!”
Check out the most popular articles on Novato Patch:
- Marin Police Kick Off Month-Long Crackdown on Cell Phone Use by Drivers
- Novato Police Arrest Suspected Serial Bank Robber After Botched Heist of U.S. Bank
- Novato Fire District to Honor Heroic Search and Rescue Dog Jessie
- Should Grocery Chains Join Trader Joe's, Whole Foods in Banning GM Salmon?
- City Council to Tackle Budget, General Plan, Traffic Signal and Fourth of July Celebration Tuesday
For local news wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.