As we have seen with the earthquakes in Japan and Turkey and the smaller quakes we experience regularly in the Bay Area, we face a continuing series of earthquake threats across the globe. In Novato, we also face a multitude of hazards including earthquakes, wildfires, flooding and landslides.
To address these public safety risks, a simple and free two-hour emergency preparedness program is being offered to all households in the county through the Get Ready Emergency Disaster Preparedness Program, a collaborative effort between Marin County communities and jurisdictions with a goal to prepare households with the skills and information to survive and cope with a disaster for five to seven days.
Advanced registration is required. Scheduled classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met. Call (415) 897-4361 between 8am and 5pm weekdays for information and registration. The course is free.
Get Ready is a collaborative effort between all the communities and jurisdictions within Marin County with a goal to prepare households with the necessary skills and information to survive and cope with a disaster for five to seven days.
- Prepared citizens means reduced injuries and illnesses due to a disaster
- A reduction to the over-burdened emergency first responders
- A reduction to the over-burdened hospitals and urgent care centers
- A reduction in the financial burden the city will bear due to disaster
- A stronger community: people helping each other
- Gain the necessary information to protect your family during a disaster
Date & Time: First Tuesday of Each Month, 7-9 p.m.
Location: All Saints Lutheran Church, 2 San Marin Drive, Novato