Plans and fundraising are going well for the proposed off-road bike park on some undeveloped hillsides at Stafford Lake County Park in Novato, according to a story in the Marin Independent Journal.
Steve Petterle, the principal planner for Marin County parks, said donation from "a patron in the bicycle industry" and a $50,000 challenge grant from the Marin County Board of Supervisors would help push the project toward a groundbreaking ceremony. The public has already contrbuted $33,000 toward the effort, he told the IJ.
Here are some past Patch stories about the project:
- Plans for Mountain Biking Facility at Stafford Lake to be Discussed Saturday (January 2011)
- Plans Progressing for Bike Park at Stafford Lake (January 2011)
- Site Tour and Workshop Coming Up for Stafford Lake Bike Park (March 2011)
- Riders Check Out Plans for Stafford Lake Bike Park (April 2011)
- Supes Arnold and Kinsey Post $50,000 Challenge Grant for Novato Bike Park (February 2012)
- Funds Trickling In for Stafford Lake Bike Park (July 2012)