Roofers Accidentally Start Small Fire on Convenience Store Roof

Fire took place on Enfrente Road just a few yards from a fire station.

A small fire on the roof of an Ignacio convenience store caused several thousand dollars' worth of damage Saturday, according to the Novato Fire District.

At 11:24 a.m., dispatchers received information about a fire on the roof of the Alco's Famous Deli Mart at 341 Enfrente Road, said Captain Jeff Davis. An engine and truck company responded from Novato Fire Station 64 about 100 yards to the south of the deli and quickly put out the fire, Davis said.

A roofing company employee was using a propane torch and ignited some flammable materials on the interior wall of a parapet, he said.

The business was closed for about 15 to 20 minutes while firefighters handled the blaze, he said.

Stay Patched in! Follow Novato Patch on Twitter | Like Novato Patch on Facebook | Sign up for the daily e-mail with links to the latest news.

Innovative Ad Solutions LLC November 06, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Glad this fire did not get out of control on the roofing! As roofers, we need to be very very careful. People don't realize how dangerous roofing is. Insulation will catch fire quickly, MCAS Roofing & Contracting is OSHA certified to implement safety precautions, but we still run the risk of injury, fire, and other damage. However, as roofing professionals we need to be on edge and aware of all these potential issues. Check us out at www.westchesternyroofers.com and let us know if you have had any safety issues with roofers.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »