Power Tool Sparks Small Fire In Novato Home

Novato firefighters respond to a report of a fire inside a closet caused by an overheated sander.

It wasn't a monster in the closet, but it was a small fire that scared home owners at 822 Wilmac Ave. on Saturday night.

A sanding tool overheated and the collection bag caught on fire after the tool had been stowed away in the hall closet, according to Novato firefighters. The fire was extinguished quickly by the Novato Fire Department. No one was injured and there was only minor damage that was mostly contained to the closet.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »