Marin County Sheriff’s deputies cited 10 people for selling tobacco to a minor — including one Novato man — in a sting operation near the town limits of Corte Madera, Larkspur, San Anselmo, Greenbrae and San Rafael.
A teenage volunteer decoy attempted to buy tobacco at 48 businesses for the Marin County Sheriff's Office. Selling tobacco to anyone younger than 18 years of age is a misdemeanor.
The following subjects were cited and released with a promise to appear in the Marin County Superior Court:
- Irving Terada, 64, of Novato
- Robert Howell, 63, of Corte Madera
- Awadhesh Kumar, 32, of Union City
- Carlos Gonzalez, 54, of Petaluma
- Melissa Williams, 23, of San Rafael
- Tyler Carlston, 22, of San Anselmo
- Malkeet Grewal, 35, of San Rafael
- Elise Service, 49, of San Rafael
- Debra Kinney, 57 of Cotati
- Dong Homer, 63 of San Rafael