Wood framing in a chimney caught fire Saturday at a west-side Novato home, causing about $15,000 in damage, the Novato Fire District said.
No one was injured and all belongings were saved at 30 Theresa Court, just of Center Road near Eucalyptus Avenue, Division Chief Mark Heine said Sunday.
An emergency call was placed at 9:12 p.m., prompting a response of four engines, a ladder truck, a medical unit and two battalion chiefs, Heine said. The fire spread up the chimney's wood framing and into the attic. Firefighters attacked the blaze and had it under control at 9:26 p.m., Heine said.