Over on our Facebook page, we posted about a fantasy Ford mashup. If you could pull parts from any vehicle, any model, any type, and mash them all together to create the perfect fantasy car, what would it be? The possibilities are endless, from the hottest new C-MAX, Fusion, and Flex models to the ageless other options.
Then, like all things do, the mind started to wander. What if we could pull our fantasy car FROM fantasy cars? And then the field really opened up. Imagine a vehicle with:
- Herbie the love bug’s heart (you gotta love your car, so why not get one that loves you back)
- Car 54′s brains (it’ll always know where you are, even if your GPS fails!)
- K.I.T.T.’s sense of power (you’ll be in the driver’s seat but will have backup when you need it most)
- General Lee’s sense of style (a shade of orange was recently named the PANTONE color of the year)
- Lightning McQueen’s speed (and friendship with Mater, as you never know when you’ll need a lift!)
- Scooby Van (it’ll fit all your friends and probably have snacks between the cushions)
- Batmobile (when you just need to fly right over rush hour traffic)
And one to leave out:
- Christine’s sense of vengeance (you don’t want your car driving you crazy, literally and bodily!)
All of these cars existed – OK, some only in the cartoons – so there’s a chance you may be able to see one roll off the line and into your driveway one day soon!