The Novato Farmers Market returns today for a five-month run, every Tuesday afternoon/evening along Grant Avenue in Old Town.
The market, under the direction of new manager Emmett Brady, will have a few new twists as well as some traditional favorites.
- Valley Ford Cheese Co. is selling artisanal aged cheeses from Sonoma County hamlet of Valley Ford
- Golden Waffle, owned by Novato residents, is cooking up fresh Belgian waffles
- A Piece of Cake & Confections of San Rafael is breaking into the farmers market business.
- Tara Firma Farms is bringing in grass-fed, pasture-raised chicken, beef and pork.
Other Novato business owners that will be there include:
- Flourchylde Bakery, selling a selection of its treats
- Kettle Thai selling its made-to-order Thai food
- Ultimate Souvlaki serving up fresh, organic Greek foods
- Indian Valley College Organic Farm, doling out fresh produce
Visitors can expect to see booths set up for the UC Extension Marin Master Gardeners, the Novato Downtown Business Association, the City of Novato Parks & Recreation Dept., and the city's commemorative bricks that can be customized and placed on the steps of Novato City Hall.
The market runs from 4-8 p.m. Tuesdays through Sept. 25. Remember, parking can be tricky on these days. If you're willing to park a few blocks away and walk, this can be a low-stress, high-satisfaction outing!