Civic officials are — at the moment — planning on having the annual Downtown Novato Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony on Saturday whether it's raining or not.
That could change. Just like the weather could change.
For now, it's on with the show.
The street party is a highly anticipated holiday season bash that is among the top family-friendly Novato event of the year. It's a joyous community gathering that attracts about 1,000 people and showcases local talent on the main stage. People come from all over the Bay Area to check out Santa’s Village for the children and watch the massive tree get illuminated.
There are great family photo opportunities in addition to music, caroling, hot cider, community fun and, of course, the lighting of the big tree at the corner of De Long and Sherman avenues.
Date: Dec. 1, 2012
Location: Sherman Avenue, across from Novato City Hall, downtown Novato
Time: 4:30-8 pm
- Holiday-flavored music starts at 4:30 pm with Swing Set
- Santa arrives at about 5:45 p.m.
- Tree lighting countdown commences with Mayor Denise Athas shortly after Santa arrives.
- Lots more singing and dancing
- Booths with baked goods, hot chocolate, hot apple cider and many more goodies.
Contact the Downtown Novato Business Association if you'd like to help set up or clean up.