"Saved by the Belt" awards given, Council to consider final fiscal plan
Posted Date: 2/6/2014
At Tuesday's City Council meeting:
- The Novato Police Department (NPD) will be giving "Saved by the Belt" awards to local folks whose lives were saved by wearing seat belts
- The City Council will consider Consent Calendar items including:
- a grant submission to the CA Office of Traffic Safety to allow the NPD to continue education and enforcement of traffic laws to reduce & prevent collisions.
- a $5k grant from the Novato Blue Ribbon Coalition to the NPD for its Minors Access to Alcohol Prevention program.
- Setting the City Council meeting agenda for June 2014-July 2015
- Acceptance of grant funding from the No. California Computer Crimes Taskforce and approval for an additional full-time officer for this program--with Measure F providing funding for 25% of this position.
- Approval of the Fiscal Sustainability Plan and subsequent direction to staff on implementation
- Continued discussion of the City's proposed participation in the Community-Based Transportation Plan effort led by the Transportation Authority of Marin