Over 250 youth and families served by the Novato Youth Center came together last Thursday, November 21st to celebrate Thanksgiving with a warm meal. With seven turkeys cooked by board members and staff and a bounty of sides to share, everyone enjoyed coming together for a special time to give thanks to our community and show gratitude for the blessings received throughout the year. Special thanks to Harvest Market and board members for donating the turkeys.
Board of Directors President Daryl
Weinroth and Executive Director Cheryl Paddack kicked off the festive evening with
an expression of thanks to all we serve. “Here at the Novato Youth Center we
are thankful for many things:
- To you for entrusting us with your children. Allowing us to educate them, enrich them, and help your kids develop the 21st Century skills essential to thrive (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, Critical Thinking);
- We are grateful to be a part of their lives and to inspire and prepare them to succeed, at home, at school, and in life;
- To our donors for supporting our operations;
- To our volunteers and board members for their gift of time;
- To the kids for their enthusiasm and imagination;
- To our staff, teachers, counselors for delivering our mission every day; and
- To all of us for coming together tonight to take a break from the fast pace of life and appreciate the things that are really important such as family and friends.
We consider everyone involved to be a part of the Novato Youth Center Family,” Paddack and Weinroth shared. Christian Jiminez, age 9, then ended with a blessing. A private nonprofit organization built by community volunteers in the early 1970’s, the Novato Youth Center serves over 3,400 youth and their families annually at their main facility located at 680 Wilson Avenue, at the Novato Wellness Center at 1767 Grant Avenue; in the community; and on NUSD school campuses. To learn more or get involved, please visit www.novatoyouthcenter.org or call (415) 892-1643, ext. 0.