Please join Pivot Charter School on Tuesday, March 11th at 6pm to learn about their proposed Core Knowledge-based, K-8 education program for North Bay families:
March 11th at
Best Western Novato Oaks Inn
215 Alameda del Prado, Novato
Spanish translation will be available
Another meeting will be held on March 26th:
Wednesday, March 26th at 6pm
Novato City Hall - Council Chambers
901 Sherman Ave., Novato
Pivot's initial community meeting was well attended, and Pivot continues to receive strong interest in their innovative education program from North Bay families. Interested parents are asked to submit their Intent to Enroll Form for the 2014-2015 school year prior to the March 31st deadline.
information and to download the Intent to Enroll Form please visit http://www.pivotnorthbay.com/community-meeting-k-8-public-charter-school-option
About Pivot Charter Schools and the Proposed Novato K-8 Program
Pivot Charter Schools operates accredited, public charter schools throughout California, the closest of which is located in Santa Rosa. The leadership of Pivot has decades of experience in successfully operating schools, and they have an incredible passion for creating unique learning environments that focus on student success. Through its current approved "charter", which is the official authority to operate a charter school, Pivot North Bay is legally authorized to open a resource center in Marin County.
Using the Core Knowledge curriculum as its foundation, this proposed program will combine an engaging, site-based classroom with the best of an independent study environment, which offers flexibility to meet individual student needs, interests and learning styles. In this small, caring learning environment students will feel safe and get the attention and help that they need to succeed and excel.
Pivot Charter School, North Bay is proposing to open an independent study resource center in Novato for the 2014-2015 school year. This charter school would be free, with enrollment open to any interested family, and will feature:
- An innovative educational choice for K-8
- Core Knowledge, a rigorous, detailed and sequential curriculum that is aligned with Common Core State Standards
- An efficient "blended learning" or "flipped" classroom model that allows teachers to focus on individual student needs and achievement
- A balance of on-site and independent study best suited to the needs of younger, elementary and middle school students
- Common school-wide instruction allowing students to learn at their ability level vs. grade level
- High academic and behavioral expectations, with a focus on global studies
- Caring teachers