Committee members are being sought to serve on the College of Marin Citizens’ Oversight Committee for the Measure C bond program. We especially need a member from a business organization located in the District. The committee is seeking applications for members to represent various interests such as:
- a community at-large resident
- a bona-fide taxpayers association member
- a student enrolled and active in a community college support group
- a member of a senior citizens’ organization
- a member representing the business community located in the district
- a member active in a college support organization
Applications are due Friday, March 28. College of Marin Board of Trustees will appoint new members on Tuesday, April 15. Oversight committee members cannot be employees, officials, vendors, consultants, or contractors of the College of Marin. For application information, contact the Department of Modernization at (415) 485-9518.Measure C was a Proposition 39 bond that required the formation of a Citizens Oversight Committee to ensure the financial accountability for projects funded by a $249.5 million bond earmarked for facilities modernization. More than 63 percent of Marin County voters passed Measure C in November 2004. College of Marin Board of Trustees established the independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee on December 14, 2004.